Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Coffee, My Old Friend, You've Done Your Job Once Again... But TOO Well!

I might have mentioned at some point, that as a father of five, I have been mostly sleep deprived for the last seventeen years.

The problem, particularly, has reared its ugly head in movie theatres.

Where I would fall asleep.

EVERY time.

No matter HOW much I wanted to see the movie in question.

But I found a solution a couple of years ago. Drinking a cup of coffee on the way to the theatre would keep me awake for the film. Forget the coffee, fall asleep. It's pretty much an exact science.

It worked again tonight. Saw "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby." Which, by the way, was REALLY funny. Not just fairly funny or pretty funny. It was REALLY REALLY funny. The kind of funny you get only when you expect to be no more than mildly amused. When you EXPECT really funny, you never get it.

But my old friend coffee has done it again. It's worked too well. Because here I am, one in the morning, and still buzzing. Instead of sleeping. Even though I need to be back up in five hours.

I'm just not tired.

But don't worry... give me five hours, give or take, and I guarantee I *will* be.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jenny Cracker said...

Sounds like me only it was a four hour nap. And the day before my last final too. Good thing those were the two subjects I was best at.

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, it's not a good ideal to drink any coffee late in the day.

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost?"

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man. After the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this? Let's say we have a man-making contest." To which the scientist replied, "Okay, great!"

But, God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home