Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Home Electronic Emergency!!

This didn't happen to me. But it's funny enough that I had to mention it.

I was talking to a friend of mine today, at our kids' ball game. He tells me he had uninvited company last night.

His two boys (ages 9 and 7) had been messing around in their family room, and the older child bumped into something which made the power to the television go out.

That's quite a problem, isn't it?

Obviously, the seven-year-old thought so. Since he yells, "We need some help!!"...

...and dials 911.

Whoops.

My friend got to the phone in time to tell the 911 people that there wasn't really a problem, but they sent the police there to check things out anyway.

Oh well, at least it's cheap entertainment for the neighbours!

....................................

As we were chatting about that at the ball game today, someone says to me, "You have five kids. You mean that NONE of them has ever called 911?"

Which they haven't.

Knock wood fast. So I don't jinx us.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M was playing with the phone and dialed it once when she was a toddler and a very hunky officer came to the door. We asked if we could take his picture with her...but he was not amused.

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

I'm just waiting for this to happen. My 4 year old is fascinated with the phone and loves to just pick it up and press buttons. Luckily we've been able to grab it in time so far.

I really need to figure out a place where I can easily reach it but he can't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home