Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thanks, Public Transit!

One happy side effect of going back to work: Taking the bus.

Wait. That's not exactly it.

The happy side effect of taking the bus, however, is *reading*. All of a sudden, I have a captive period at the beginning and end of the day to read. That is, other than the "climb into bed, read one page over and over because it doesn't make sense, fall asleep with the lights on and the book across my chest" style of reading which I pretty much perfected over the last few years.

In the last two weeks, I finally finished a Jeffery Deaver book I've been picking at for a long time, and have now become *totally* engrossed in the Stephen King book called "Cell." Basically, it starts off with the premise that some kind of 'pulse' turns anyone who was using a cellphone at the time into a mindless, murderous, maniac. Things get kind of bad from there. Reminds me a bit of "The Stand" and the short story "The Mist."



Thanks, public transit.

2 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved Cell! Need to reread the first two Dark Tower books so I can continue on with the series.
I wish I could take a bus somewhere......

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whenever you're done, you can give it BACK, so i can FINISH it.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home