Thursday, August 24, 2006

Far, Far, Faaaaar Away....

When you spend a large chunk of your life keeping your kids either:

(a) within your reach, or
(b) within your range of influence,

... it's a little freaky to have them gone so far that all you can do is trust that they learned enough to take care of themselves.

Child number one is away on the very trip that she spent so much time fundraising for, these last couple of years. She's touring the UK, particularly Scotland, and is even participating in the Highland Dance Competitions at the Cowal Highland Gathering.

To express properly how far she is, please refer to the following map:


See my point? Not exactly in the range of a phone call saying, "Daddy, I want to come home. Please come get me."

Ok, well, she's seventeen. She wouldn't say that anyway.

I must say, though, if I *did* get a call like that, I'd be driving straight to the airport like a bat out of hell.

Just so we're clear on that.

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

<33333333333333.

just remember that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home