Monday, April 21, 2008

The Miracle of Life for Only a Dollar

I will freely admit that I frequent the dollar store.

It's great for grabbing some low-cost items that are going to be used and disposed of fairly quickly. If I need birthday party favours, or craft items for a Beavers meeting, a quick trip to the dollar store will do the trick. In fact, I recently found a neat little plastic faux-BlackBerry that makes funny noises. I've been carrying it around in my pocket at work all day today!

In fact, I do notice that dollar stores now carry a LOT more items than I would have expected. Lots of household items are available in dollar store versions, and many of them will serve the same purchase as a more expensive version from some other place.

However, over the weekend, I saw something that actually made me stop and go back to look again. In fact, I even took a picture. (After I waited until nobody was watching, of course. Don't want people to think I'm a weirdo...)

Take a look at what you can get at the dollar store now:



A Home Pregnancy Test!!!

Isn't that nuts?

You know, though, now that I think about it... perhaps this will dovetail with some of my other regular uses for dollar store items. My younger daughter turns 11 next week. With the way that society is going these days, perhaps I should buy a bunch of these for the upcoming birthday party to put in her friends' treat bags!

OK, well maybe that's a little over the top. But you know, I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall in some of the houses when they brought THOSE home! (Of course, that would probably help cut down on future birthday party expenses... since they'd all be banned from my home after that!)

Maybe I'll go back and buy a bunch. I don't really have any need for them (I finally figured out what was making that 'pregnancy' thing happen) but I can't resist a deal!

If anyone needs one, please let me know. Or else I might end up using them to stir my mixed drinks! (Kind of like the "forget-me-shot" that Moe made up for Homer a few months ago)

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder how accurate they are? They'd make great gag gifts for some folks I know.....

S.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

omg, what next!!

Happy birthday to your daughter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home