Sunday, April 06, 2008

It's Time for the Truth to be Known

Well, here I am.

I know it's been a long time.

At first, I tried to think that I just didn't feel like blogging. But that wasn't it.

The thing was, blogging simply started to become more difficult. See, a few years ago, I could blog at will. In fact, even immediately after blogging, I would be ready to blog again without even needing to rest. It was pretty sweet.

Recently, however, I still WANTED to blog, but when the time came to actually DO it, it just wasn't happening the way it used to. I think, unconsciously, I was avoiding blogging altogether, for fear of not being able to... you know. Perform.

Now, though, I'm facing my condition. I have a common problem. It's a rampant issue, though shrouded in silence. It can affect all bloggers from time to time, and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I have BD.

Blogrectile dysfunction.

It has a name. And now I know I'm not alone.

In fact, now that I've stood up and faced my problem, I feel better already. See, often BD has a large psychological component. And now that I'm back in the driver's seat, with the keyboard at my fingertips, I feel my internet potency returning to me.

Yeah, baby. That's the ticket.

Now I'm sure I'll have setbacks from time to time. Maybe once in a while I'll still be a little worried about what will happen when the next time to post comes along... but with the support of my friends, family, and internet supporters, I know I can lick it.

Stay tuned.



***************************************
(Of course, I couldn't have come this far if not for the efforts of the
International Center for the Study and Treatment of Blogrectile Dysfunction in Amsterdam. Here is a picture of their headquarters:




Inspiring, isn't it? Just looking at it makes me want to blog.

6 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

lol!

Glad to see you back Robin :)

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back...

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Thanks guys.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Shig said...

It's nothing to be ashamed of. Welcome back

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see you back, too...will be linking to you this weekend now that I know you're back amonst the "functioning"

S.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home