Sunday, February 22, 2009

That Was Easy.


I own an "easy button".

I saw it at Staples months ago and immediately had to have it.

It gives me no end of joy at work.  Whenever I finish a phone call (I do tech support) I immediately hit the button for a little instant gratification:

"That was easy."

I'm sure it gives the people around me lots of pleasure as well.   Wink.

I always make sure that my call is disconnected before I hit the button.  I wouldn't want any of my customers to get the wrong impression.

Except for once.

A few months back, I was on the phone with a few IT guys who were pretty easy to deal with.  Always joking, laughing, and such.  It was a refreshing change.  They were pretty laid back.  

Anyway, we worked out whatever their problem was.  Then, I heard something strange.  It made me do a bit of a double take.

"What was that??", I say.

"Oh, sorry," they say.  "We were just having a little bit of fun.  We have an 'easy' button!"

"Wait!"  I say.

"Listen!"

I lean over so that the microphone on my headset is right down at the level of my desk.

I press my button.

"That was easy."

They laugh their ASSES off.  I laugh my ass off too.

It's funny how something so simple can cause such pleasure.

That was easy.





2 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that, my friends, is my husband. Easily amused.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's the little things in life that can bring the most pleasure. Like easy buttons, or the laughter of a loved one when he presses it.

S.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home