Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Spongebrain Squarepants

I don't want to talk about pies.

Except to say that when you get one hundred and thirteen of them all at once, and don't have any freezer space to store them, and have to spend hours organizing and EVEN MORE hours delivering them all over God's green earth, well, you're not very fond of the concept of pies at that point. However, the Caramel Apple ones still taste pretty darn good at the end of the day.

Ok, well, I guess I did have something to say about pies after all.

But now, let's talk about what I intended to.

You know how you sometimes get a song stuck in your head? Happens to everyone. Today, it happened to me three times. In sequence.

Most recently, for the last couple of hours, it was "I Was Made for Loving You" by KISS, which I heard on a cell phone commercial on the tv of the people whose computer I was working on this evening. I loved that song when I was thirteen. Should I be admitting this?

Before that, it was "Miss Polly Had a Dolly" which I sang to my 4-year-old during bedtime stories. It's quite a catchy little tune.

Before that, it was that Macy Gray song I heard on the radio at lunchtime. Don't know the name, the one from a year or two ago. "Try to say goodbye and I choke/ Try to walk away and I stumble." That one.

What does this say about my brain? Not enough stimulation, or too much?

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not as good as the day you were singing Jenny from the Block... I still have visions of you when I hear that song.. Thanks MacNeil!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home