Monday, March 06, 2006

I'm a Poster Child

I've been called many things in my life.

Some have been flattering... and let's just say that some have not.

However, I was called something new today.

And I wouldn't call it exactly flattering either.

Today...

For the first time...

I was called...

"The Poster Child for Skin Cancer."

Isn't that nice?

Well, it's not as bad as it sounds. Today I saw a dermatologist in order to check out a spot on my nose, because I was sent there by my family doctor who I was sent to by my wife, who wanted someone to look at the spot on my nose. Crystal clear?

Anyway, during my conversation with this dermatologist, he referred to me as the poster child for skin cancer, because of my fair complexion, my red hair, my blue eyes, and the fact that I grew up in a time before sunscreen was used as readily as it is now.

But the fact is, the spot on my nose is something that he's confident is nothing to worry about, but he zapped it with liquid nitrogen anyway, just on the off chance that he might be wrong. That's the kind of thing I like to hear.

So now I can be the poster child for something else instead. Disarmining masculinity? Style over substance? Arrested development?

OK well I don't know.

But on another topic, for those of us who care...

TWO HOURS OF '24' TONIGHT! WHOO-HOO!!

Later!

2 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Shig said...

This has nothing to do with your post. I was just watching this show about a big UFO siting in 1967 over Nova Scotia. This eye witness was talking about the night and said,"It was a cold night." and I thought, "In Nova Scotia? No way!" And I thought of my blogging buddies in NS. BTW, I thought Canadians had accents, but these older, Nova Scotians? Nova Scots? anywhoo, had really, thick brogues. Cheers!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you took your wife's advice and saw someone. Sometimes having a wife as a nurse can be very aggravating. You know how we all try to save the world whether you want us to or not! Thanks for stopping by my blog through your wife's and actually leaving a comment. Too funny though that you were the first one to do the Hi, kiss my ass, your site sucks thing!! I had to laugh!! Please feel free to stop by my husband's new blog. He's on my link page. Check mine for your's...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home