Sunday, September 03, 2006

Baked Like Me

Yugh. My new job also includes taking turns (with my two cohorts) carrying the "after-hours emergency support phone". No real biggie, I used to carry a pager or cell phone at my last job too.

Except once in a while, that kind of lifestyle will give you a little kick in the n*ts just to remind you who's boss.

See, the phone rang last night. Just shy of 3 a.m. The problem was one of those weird things that doesn't resolve quickly. So, at 1240 pm, somewhere under ten hours later, the problem was resolved.

And holy crap, am I tired. I'd be asleep right now if I wasn't making a couple batches of macaroni (and... um... blogging).

I'm not quite at the "being awake is making me want to puke" stage, but I might be there soon.

So, before that happens, I bid you good night. Afternoon, morning, whatever. Even *I'm* not sure.

3 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bahaa. is that why you're upstairs asleep Right now?

thats kinda funny. have fun with that.

;)

 
At 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and then what happened.... did it ring again or something the next day?

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Well, actually, it did ring again the next night... but it was only from 1 to 2 a.m... which only felt like a brief interlude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home