Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Quick Count of Things That Are Broken.... um...yup... Everything.

Our fridge started it. It's been suffering a slow death for many months now. Leaks water, stripping and stuff falling off, freezing things that shouldn't be frozen, pieces falling off or breaking at random... It's hard to see a family member fall apart like that.

Our oven has joined in. It still turns on, it just won't actually heat up. At least not hot enough to actually *cook* anything.

Then my wife broke. A few days ago she couldn't even walk. Herniated disc. Now, she's hobbling around pretty well. Which is pretty good, since I don't even want to *think* how much it would cost to replace her.

Finally, it turns out that one of the kids didn't spill some water on the carpet down in the basement. But denial is a wonderful thing, for a day or so anyway. No, the water on the carpet was actually coming from the hot water heater under the stairs. But let's call a spade a spade, shall we? Rather than "hot water heater", let's call it a "corroded water leaking piece of crap that I *really* didn't want to have to replace right now".

Let's just hope the Appliance Gods take pity on us for the next few weeks. Because I don't think I could take any more. To quote one of my favourite movies...

"I'm a donkey on the edge!!"




Disclaimer: Any comparison between my wife and household appliances is strictly for humour purposes only. What, do you think I have a death wish? And you'll notice that I didn't go for the easy "can't turn her on or heat her up, either" joke, right? So I do have *some* discretion!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home