Monday, October 02, 2006

As Deep As I Get

...Tonight, anyway. This is as deep as I get tonight. Join me in my deep thoughts.

1) Walking through Wal-mart on a Saturday afternoon makes me worry for the future of humanity. Truly.

2) After two weeks of school chocolate bar selling, one week of Scout Popcorn selling, and one evening of walking in the cold rain Girl Guide cookie selling, and especially considering that I am neither a school age child, a boy scout, or a girl guide, can I please say that I'm GETTING PRETTY GODD*MNED WEARY OF FUNDRAISING????

3) Thanksgiving's this weekend. Yay. Oh, the oven's still broken. Crap.

4) My wife's still broken too. And as she herself pointed out to me the other day, I'm pretty sure that her warranty has run out as well.

5) Reading (or in my case, re-reading) "The Stand" is not a great idea when you're fighting the flu. If you don't know what I mean, read the book and check back with me later. The fever dreams alone, though, are worth the price of admission.



p.s. And for those of you who were potentially reading something *different* into the title of my post, I refer you back to item 4.

3 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

You've got the flu? Poor thing - take it easy and get better soon.

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha, father.

ha ha.





and i agree.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Shig said...

Sorry 'bout the flu...ha, reading The Stand. Lot of good posts lately, now that I have some time to read teh internets again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home