Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Where We Devoting Full Time to Floating...

I said I was going to do it.

Yesterday, on the first day it was released, I bought the new two-disc special edition dvd of "The Little Mermaid."

Couldn't help it.

It's certainly my favourite Disney movie of all time. It was also the first actual movie that my first child bonded with. And by "bonded with", I mean "watched over and over". Oh, and over. And over. I'm still not sure if I love it because it was so great, or because I was brainwashed.

Ok, no, I love it because it was so good. The music, the story, the characters... I still, occasionally, start spontaneously belting out the tunes (by myself, of course). It's nice to unleash my inner Ariel. And Ursula. Ok, let's not explore that too closely. I sing the Sebastian songs too, alright?

And instead of going to bed at a decent hour last night, I stayed up late watching the "making of" featurettes. Before even watching the movie. Hardcore geek alert.

Hopefully I can get the kids to watch it with me. I'm pretty sure my big girl will anyway.

And even if they won't... you *know* I'll watch it anyhow. Just like any normal 40-year-old man.

Right?

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE LITTLE MERMAID!

<333

of course i'll watch it. and sing along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home