Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Blue Screen of Death Deception

Yeah, whoops.

Was leaving a note on my cow orker's pc today. Then I say, "Holy Crap, his PC just blue screened!" I watch his machine restart, Windows XP logo comes up, and... holy crap, it blue screens again! It restarts one more time, and BING! Blue screen of death once more!!



Feeling unwilling to let this evil cycle continue, I power off his pc cold, hoping that it will start up properly afterwards.

It does.

His machine starts back up fine.

All is well with the world.

Um... until he comes back to his desk. I tell him his machine was blue screening repeatedly, and I powered it off and it came back fine.

"You powered off my machine?"

"You *really* powered off my machine?"


I'm a tad confused by the line of questioning for about two seconds. And then the question comes to my brain...

"That wasn't a screen saver, was it?"

Um, yup. It was.

A *very* realistic screen saver, I might add.

Yeah, sorry. Hope you weren't running anything too important.

Some days it just doesn't pay to be a good samaritan.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Ouch. Us do-gooders often get into trouble.

Hh

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what they say about the road to Hell.....

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bahahaha.

i find that amusing.

ahhaa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home