Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Don't Push the Red Button

Today I was at a store with my four-year-old. Whenever I use my debit card, I let him press the OK button, which is generally green.

He says to me, "Daddy, I remember when I pressed the RED button, hee hee hee."

He has a good memory.

About a year ago, I was at a bank machine with him, depositing a $100 bill into the machine. I was partway through the deposit. In fact, the machine had already accepted the deposit envelope.

Then my young friend presses the RED button.

The CANCEL button.

The machine goes, "boop" and says "Transaction Cancelled." Out comes my card.

No receipt.

No hundred dollar bill.

No deposit.

Naturally I go into the branch and tell them what happened. They verify the situation and my money goes into my account.

THREE DAYS LATER.

Not exactly "instant banking."

From that point on, he knows the rule:

No pressing the red button.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home