Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Baby You Can Drive My Car

So today child number one is taking her driver's test.

She's come along pretty well, since back when I started having her practice driving in deserted school parking lots. The wailing and screaming and crying were hard to take. But as she practiced more, I stopped doing all those things. Ba-dum-bum! (Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week.)

Anyway, like I was saying, she's actually a pretty good driver. I do find that she loses her concentration a bit when I make those loud "screeching grinding metal" sounds.

And she's taken an extensive driver training course from a good company, so she wouldn't develop all my bad habits. (OK, well, I don't actually *have* any bad driving habits. But there are those who offer a modicum of disagreement in that regard. Such as She Who Must Not Be Named. So we sent her on the driving course just for sake of argument)

You know what my problem is? I have a hard time reconciling the image of my first child driving away in an actual automobile, with this one:



See what I mean? It's just another one of the things that they didn't mention in the parents manual. Oh, wait, there isn't one of those either.

So let's see how things go.

But let me make myself plain. No matter HOW things go, they are going to go SLOOOOWLY and CAREFULLY. For a very LONG time.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THATS RIGHT.

SHE'S ON THE ROAD.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOO.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW - just so we're clear on this - this picture was taken after her *Father* dressed her!

'She-who-must-not-be-named' definitely knows that stripes and flowers do not complement each other!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home