Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm Having a Big Mac Attack

OK, not a *literal* Big Mac attack... I don't each much McDonald's food, and I've never even *had* a Big Mac before. That's not to say I don't know the jingle, though. I have never met anybody who grew up in the 70's who can't recite the whole "two all beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun" thing. Marketing at its finest.

But I digress.

You might say I'm having a big iMac attack.

All my experience with modern computers has been Windows based. I remember fighting with Windows 3.1 for Workgroups, before upgrading to Windows 95, then Windows 98, then Windows 2000 and(shudder) Windows Millennium, before Windows XP. I'm even mildly interested in Windows Vista, whenever it might ever come out.

However, a friend showed me her teenage son's new computer a while back.

It was an iMac.

It was just so... cool. And elegant. And... I didn't immediately understand everything about it. And I *liked* that.

Then today, while I was fixing a friend's computer, I was configuring his iPod. Which was also pretty cool. Didn't feel like a gadget. Felt like a... well, I don't know, but as I said, it was also very cool.

That's not to say that there's any computer money in the budget anywhere on the horizon. Cause I'm pretty sure there isn't. But that gives me lots of time to ponder.

And I'm *definitely* consider switching sides.

Sorry Bill.

4 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just buy one; you sound like a perfect candidate for the switch. I don't know anyone who has switched back.

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, head on over to an Apple Store - if there's one close - or to an authorized Apple reseller - forget CompUSA, and the like.

Play with an iMac as many times as you need, and as long as you need - to either approve or obviate your future Mac purchase.

Insist that you won't spend dime one, until YOU are certain that YOU are satisfied.

FWIW, I'm certain that if you need to get work done, and you have a lesser need for a shopping cart full of games - you WILL buy a Mac.

Moctod

 
At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just do it......... it will be like a new love; the unknown something exciting, challeging, not something irritating because at times its a bit confusing. i would not be using computers today if it were not for macs, and i would not be living in this foreign country able to do what i do irrespective of where i am; i now design magazines etc......... i am lucky......... and it started that day a friends mac arrived and i though what the hell i will try and set it up..... the rest is history.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i switched back (from an iBook... what can i say, i like the familiar... you'd probably love it though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home