Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Indiana Jones and the Flaming Red Head

So, the weather's getting nice, and the sun's out nice and strong. Which for me, means one thing...

Time to bring out THE HAT.

See, I've been a bald guy for.... um... a very long time. Used to be, back when I was just bald on top, I could wear a ball cap like anyone else. However, for the last five years, I've been shaving my head completely bald (thanks to my trusty Headblade). At which point, wearing ball caps just looked kind of... stupid. And it would make a really silly tan line.

So I needed something else. I ended up getting a Tilley hat. Which did a nice job of keeping the old bean from blazing red like a fire engine. (Also prevented helicopters from crashing to the ground, disoriented from the sun glaring off my head.)

I wasn't too comfortable wearing it at first. But I persevered. And I convinced myself that I had kind of an 'Indiana Jones' thing going. Look at this amazing comparison:

See what I mean? The resemblance is UNCANNY. (Oh, by the way, I'm the one on the LEFT, in case you're having difficulty seeing the difference)

You can't see it? Step farther back from your computer. And squint your eyes. See it now?

Well, go back to it later and try again. I'm sure you'll agree eventually.

******************************

So, since we're on the topic of Indiana Jones, let's talk about the new movie they are apparently really-close-to-making.

I'm a little concerned. I loved the first three. But do you remember when the last one *was*???

1989.

The summer my first child was born. The one who's ALMOST SEVENTEEN.

See my point? It's been a long time. I'm not really interested in seeing any movies with titles like:

"Indiana Jones and the Mid-Afternoon Nap"

"Indiana Jones and the Cup of Warm Milk"

or even "Indiana Jones and the Enlarged Prostate".

Um, *particularly* not that last one, I think.

For that matter, I don't want them going overboard the *other* direction either. I can't say I want to see him romancing a twenty-five year old co-star whose breasts aren't even as big as his.

Well, in any case, I hope they do a good job. Because you *know* I'll go and see it no matter what.

I might even wear the hat and sign a few autographs when I'm there.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is amazing. But you're missing the ultra rugged chin scar.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Um... ultra rugged chin scar.... right. Well, for the sake of continuity.... ready.... set..... **WHAP!!!***

AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'll take a new picture once the stitches come out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home