Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Trying to Get a Date...

I enjoy a good weird number as much as the next guy. I've always liked 17. And, of course, 42.

However, I've heard that we get to see a pretty cool number on Wednesday.

The date.

I've been told that at two minutes and three seconds after 1 am on this coming Wednesday, the date will be:

01:02:03 04/05/06.

Which is pretty cool... in some parts of the world.

But not in Canada!!!

Because we (and I must admit it makes sense to me) list our dates in the order of day/month/year, rather than the month/day/year thing which has always made me go, 'huh?'

So you United Statesians can enjoy your cool unique date on Wednesday.

We'll catch up to you on May 4th.

Kind of like Thanksgiving. But backwards.

God Save the Queen.

p.s. We also spell "colour" "neighbour" and "humour" differently.




2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

That's too bad that we don't get to take advantage of the date! I love it when stuff like that happens. Or when the date is the same forwards and backwards.

But I also prefer the fact that we put our dates in day/month/year... it makes so much more sense. It's alphabetical and then you can say, it's the 4th of April.

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised no-one has commented that you don't spell them differently, but properly...;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home