Friday, March 24, 2006

Even Heroes Gotta Eat: Jack Bauer in Japan

So, regular readers know that we're "24" fanatics here.

However, over four and a half seasons of "24" so far, each of which covers an *entire* day, I bet I could only count on one hand the number of times I saw Jack Bauer eat. (Never mind going to the bathroom!)

It turns out, though, he *does* eat... at least when he's in Japan. He eats... something called Calorie Mate.

And he makes commercials for them. All with "24" sound, effects, and excitement.

In fact, when I went to find the commercial I *knew* about, I found that there are now two others. And they're all kind of amusing! Check them out:

The first:



The second:



And the third (my personal favourite):



And not only that, there's even a website (but, of course, it's in Japanese): www.cmt24.net. Man! These people are *serious*!!

Luckily, I'm one of those people who isn't affected by marketing.

...but I wonder how I can get my hands on some of this Calorie Mate stuff? If it's good enough for Jack Bauer, it's good enough for me! (wink)

1 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

<3333

oh man. talk about commericials you actually enjoy.

...

"Let's get one thing straight. The only reason you're still conscious is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home