Thursday, March 30, 2006

We Can Rebuild Him; We Have the Technology...

OK, with all the crazy tv shows they throw on dvd these days...

WHY ISN'T THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN ONE OF THEM??

Whew. All finished my little mini geek rant.

But it *was* an exceptionally cool show, and made a big impact on me. Steve Austin was my only hero who didn't wear a cape or underwear on the outside of his clothes.

In fact, I still do all my heavy lifting in slow motion, while I make the "doot-doot-doot-doot" sound effect. My poor kids don't even know what I'm doing. They just think I'm weird.

My favourite episodes were the ones with "Bigfoot" in them. Andre the Giant dressed in a full body fur suit. I never knew who Andre the Giant was, back then, but I couldn't imagine what he really looked like. Eventually, "The Princess Bride" satisfied that curiosity.

And we can't forget the Bionic Woman. I can't tell you how upset I was when she got her own show. I wasn't upset THAT she got her own show... I was just upset that they gave her a sort of amnesia, so she wasn't in love with Steve Austin any more. Poor Steve. The love of his life came back to life, and then just went off and had her own adventures without him. (But of course, I watched all those as well...)

Yes, I was very dedicated. Near the end of the show, he grew a moustache. It was kind of barfy. However, to keep up with the times, my friend from across the street and I took his Six Million Dollar Man doll and painted a moustache on it too. After he shaved the moustache on the show, we scraped it off the doll.

I was going to type more on this topic. But I can't hold it. She's breaking up, she's breaking up.....

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Sorry, Tara, that one made me go, "huh?"

Who were you really thinking of... the Bionic Woman? Because I liked her. And all three Charlie's Angels. And Wonder Woman.

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsay Wagner NOT Tuesday Weld

 

Post a Comment

<< Home