Thursday, April 06, 2006

Yes, I *KNOW* You're Out There...


... I can hear you breathing.

Well, I can't hear you breathing, but I *do* know you're out there.

You come by and read my posts.

But you never say hello. (sob)

OK, well, a few of you do.

But there are more of you out there!

So. How about leaving a comment? You don't have to tell me your name if you don't want to (but I promise I won't try to hunt you down). I don't need to know your dating history or the PIN number from your credit card (but again, I can be trusted with that information as well).

Just say hi.

In fact, if you're at a loss for words, here are a few handy templates:

1) Hi Robin. I'm ___________ from _____________. I think your blog ___________.

2) Hello. I *love* your blog. Please send me a frozen sample of your genetic material so I can help spread you around the world. Here is my home address: ________________. My home phone is _________________, but you can also try my cell phone, which is ______________.


3) Dear Robin, I think you are seriously ____________________. I suspect that you have a ____________ ______________ or even a ____________ ______________ which should probably be treated by a _____________________. Sincerely, __________________ from _____________.


So do I make my point? I would really like to hear from some of my silent regulars, or even some of my vocal irregulars.

I'm still pretty new at blogging, and I've never been much of a comment responder, but here's one iron clad guarantee you can take to the bank:

If you comment, I will respond. If you ask a question, I will answer it. No comment will go unanswered, and no reasonable request will be denied.

Whew. After *that* sweetener, I guess I better stand back and look out!

So, I hope to hear from you! (...pleeeeeeease??)

13 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Well, how can I resist pleading like that?? Nothing makes my day more than a quick read of your blog. Especially at 6am before I go to work. It reaffirms I am normal and gives me a good laugh - especially some of the pictures (can you say Robin in black leotard?!) Keep blogging Robin - it's better than the morning paper.
Barbara W

 
At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK. That is just pathetic!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Why, Barbara, thank you very much. Your sincere comments lift my spirits and help me deal with comments like MY OWN WIFE'S!!!!! All I can say to that is that the little 'trash can' icon next to your post is calling to me: "click me..... cliiiicccckkk meeeeee....."

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

you're stories are hilarious. I think harassing us all into commenting is a step above what needed to be done, but i'm addicted, so it's not like you're going to loose me as a reader.

And if you think of it, and I promise not to destroy or let any harm come to it, do you think i could borrow the Narnia movie?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Geoellocin, I've read about geocaching a little bit... sounds pretty cool. But a big pile of dead cows doesn't sound like much of a prize!

Tracy, my sweet... I'm not *harassing* people for comments, I'm simply *encouraging* comments. (Doesn't that sound much better than begging?... and for that matter, as you can see, the silent majority is, for the most part, staying silent and in the majority) And yes, you can borrow Narnia, once the demand dies down in a few days' time.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK OK I must admit to feelings of guilt when I read your blog everyday but never comment. I'm terribly sorry that you've been feeling so neglected. If you keep blogging, I'll keep reading.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Robin said...

No need to feel guilty. I don't even feel neglected. Rather, intensely curious to know a little more about my regulars. Just my nature, I guess. Thanks!

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well hello there i couldn't resist the temtation to comment ths one so here you go... k so everyone's right about the pleading... but i would do the same thing... in fact i do... i try to comment here and there so now you will know me as lisa from montana and i will comment more... i think my first comment was on your happy lkl day... but since then i've posted as anonymous cause i can't remember my password.... oops... wow this turned into a long comment....

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Excellent. One of my mystery commenters! Thanks, Lisa... you just made my night!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Hi Robin, I'm Jim from Cleveland. This is my first visit. I am trying to run my own blog at http://freeandcheap.blogspot.com/ I hope you will visit my site and post a comment too. I know what it is like to wonder who is reading your posts.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Hey Jim. Thanks for stopping. I'll head over to your place too.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Shig said...

Robin, my family and I decided that these are too much like Mad Libs, we couldn't resist.

3) Dear Robin, I think you are seriously ________twitchy_______. I suspect that you have a _smokin'_____ _bookcase_______ or even a _flashy____ ___can___ which should probably be treated by a ___lightbulb______. Sincerely, _____TC__ from__donorcycle (and Dear KID)___.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Thanks TC! I was *hoping* someone would fill out the template!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home