Thursday, June 29, 2006

...But How SUPER Was It??


Superman Returns.

Opened Wednesday. Saw it Tuesday at the 10pm preview showing. In IMAX.

Despite the HUGE amount of hype, it was really good. It is very reminiscent of the Superman movies starring Christopher Reeve, in a good way. And there was nothing where I said, "Hmm... that didn't feel right." Which, given my background, is pretty amazing.

And the special effects were flawless. You don't even notice them. He just *flies*. That's all there is to it. It's so cool.

In fact, and I'm *very* surprised to say this, my teenage daughter actually seemed to like it even more than me! She positively GUSHED about it. Must have been all the romantic-heartbreaking-blah-blah-blah stuff in the movie.

And the 3-D stuff was pretty cool. I think it *might* have distracted from the movie a bit. I'll let you know when I see the regular version with the younger kids.

Should you see it? Well, duh. If you have no interest in Superman, at all, ever... well, don't go.

But if you saw any of the old movies, or cartoons, or tv shows... and kind of liked them... you'll like this.

Trust me.

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

I still want to know why he "returns"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home