Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Taking Coffee to the Next Level

...the next *evolutionary* level, I mean.

Check this out. Discovered this morning in the shed in our back yard.




We're pretty certain that is actually *was* normal coffee at one point. That's what my mother-in-law suspects, anyway, and it's her mug, so she's the best one to say.

I was a little concerned that we should probably take care of it now, before it develops sentience and starts to ponder whether humans should remain as the dominant life form on this planet. After all, a sentient coffee life form would totally rule the earth. Look how much control normal coffee has over us already! It's too scary to think about.

I was even, for one brief moment, considering *drinking* it. I figured it might give me super powers. But then, I thought of how much they would change my life, what with the awesome responsibility and all, so I decided it was too much to take on right now.

Plus, the stuff *did* look pretty gross.

4 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAS IT FAIR TRADE COFFEE??

..cause that's all that matters.

-Your eco-friendly children, and the backing members of HEAT.

 
At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeewwww

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

OH! OH!! I was in Seattle today--and my client (the passenger as I was driving) and I saw this...um...gentleman. We were stopped at a LOOOONG light. He was reaching into the garbage can as we stopped. He lifted a milk-like carton...read the label...sniffed, read some more...then threw his head back and took a long swig...he closed it and gingerly set it back in the can...as if putting it back in the fridge...to return later (?!) for another sip of ?refreshement?!

UGGGH!!! It was 72 degrees F. in Seattle today...I bet he drank...um...a...real "smoothie"...

I'm GLAD YOU chose not to drink of the secret potion.

Hh

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Yes, I'm kind of happy I didn't drink it, too. However, part of me will always wonder, "What if??"

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home