Friday, June 02, 2006

'X' Hit the Spot

Took some of the band kids to "X-Men 3: The Last Stand" last night.

I was worried that this movie wouldn't stand up with the first two, since a whole new group put this one together. However, I'm pleased to tell you that my fears were unfounded. The movie was very good.

Which is good for me, since I'll have to see it again.

You see, a couple of months ago, I let my two 9-year-olds watch the first two X-Men movies. Since then, they have been anxiously waiting for the third. Last week when it opened my son put on the full court press to see it. I told him that I wanted to see the movie first, to make sure it was okay for them to see. Which it was.

So I won't mind sitting through it again, to be sure.

**************************


One final thing, for anyone planning to see it:

Stay seated until the end of the credits. There is a final scene which is significant enough that you would really hate to miss it.

(If you've seen the movie already, and didn't stay through the end... well, it sucks to be you. But you can always go and see it again. Like me!)

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Robin said...

OK, since you asked so nicely:
(to prevent people from "accidentally" reading the final scene, scroll down through the spoiler space)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
...so it takes us to that place with the man in the hospital bed who has no brain activity (remember from the ethics lesson Professor X was giving), then it shows Moira McTaggert, and she hears a familiar voice from the man's direction saying, "Hello, Moira." She turns around, looks at the man, and says, "....Charles??"

It was pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home