Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm a Lumberjack and I'm OK, I Work All Night and I Sleep All Day

OK, well I'm not a lumberjack. (Though I'm so burly and masculine, I'm sure I've been mistaken for one... wink wink).

And I don't work all night and sleep all day either.

So actually, the only useful word in the title of my post is "work."

Which is pretty significant today, since as of about an hour ago...

I GOT A JOB!

A buddy of mine knew that I was looking to return to the workforce, now that all five kids will be in school come September. He knew of a place that had been looking for a guy with my characteristics a few months ago (take that however you like), so he put me in touch with them. Two interviews and just under two weeks later, we made it official, and I start Monday! I have to say, I'm totally stoked. (Not 'stroked'... you people are so evil minded.)

One of the weird things will be giving up the title of "stay-at-home dad", which is funny, considering it was a little hard to get used to at first. But I'm awfully proud of having spent three and a half years at home. My little guy was less than two when I started, and now he's five. All of the kids have grown so much. You just can't put a dollar value on the time I was able to spend with all of them.

Of course, this will be a huge adjustment for the entire family. But being able to pay the bills on time will be a nice adjustment too.

Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Congrats Robin!

Good luck on Monday!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

Congrats :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home