Friday, November 24, 2006

Weirdest Archie Comic Ever

Though I never thought to mention it, back when I was reading all those Batmans and Spider-mans and Justice Leagues as a kid, I was, of course, also reading...

Archie comics.

I mean, really, who didn't? Even kids who didn't read comics would read Archies. If that makes sense.

Here's the strangest one I ever owned though:



"Chilling Adventures in SORCERY"... narrated by Sabrina the teenage witch.

Now, see, I had read horror comics... but I *expected* those to be scary! *This* one was a horror comic too, but it was drawn in the style of Archie comics.... which somehow, through the bizaare juxtaposition, made it way scarier!

I still remember it.

In fact, I think it's still upstairs in one of my comic boxes.

Brrr. Scary Archie comic.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 AM, Blogger Shig said...

I. Love. Archie. Comics. I never could figure out if I'm a Betty or a Veronica, though. But I never saw that one...very weird.

BTW, as you can see I haven't updated the Pooter Page in a while, but no, she's not 15. Although, the way she's going, she'll be BF'ing until then. That kids eyes my chest more than my date for the junior prom!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Me, too!!! I was definitely Betty-ish, and read these while at piano lessons, waiting for my turn while my brother sat at the piano with our teacher. (See, I really was Betty. Veronica would have been taking dance lessons--jazz, or something.)

This is so sad, but oddly sweet, and of course, I thought of you:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/28/comic.death.ap/index.html

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Fireplace Repair Clovis said...

Lovelly post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home