Saturday, January 13, 2007

Holy (Guaca) Moley!

Tonight my wife and I were sitting at the table eating and chatting. I mentioned a tasty green dip that I had recently at my office's Christmas lunch, and she correctly supplied the name I forgot... guacamole.

"That's it." I say. "Boy, was it ever good!"

She says, "Yes, guacamole is awesome. That's why I was so pissed off when you knocked mine over."

"Huh? I knocked over your guacamole? When?"

"That time at our Halloween party when you got so drunk. You knocked it over and nearly passed out in it."

I pause to process this for a moment.

"Um... our Halloween party IN NINETEEN-NINETY-TWO???"

"Yes." Totally straight-faced she tells me this.

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. I couldn't even remember the *name* of guacamole when I ate some less than a month ago, and yet my dear wife remembers me drunkedly knocking hers over almost fifteen years ago.

I'm sure there's a moral here somewhere. Or a joke. While I'm working on those, let's settle for a warning:

Guys. When you've had a few too many drinks, FOR GOD'S SAKE WATCH OUT FOR THE GUACAMOLE DIP!!!

2 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the man conveniently neglected to tell you, dear reader is: that was the only time I ever made guacamole because he told me how awful it was and how lucky I was that he spilled it before the guests got to eat it. Now here he is telling me how delicious some other woman's guacamole is!!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

Ooohhh dangerous territory there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home