Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wii are the Champions

Alternate titles for this post:
"Houston, Wii Have No Problem"
"Wii, Wii, Wii, Wii, All the Way Home"
"What Will Wii Do Today?"
"Wow, Wii."
"To Wii or Not to Wii, That is the Question"
... and the list goes on.

All through December I wanted to post about how hard the friggin' thing was to find. But I couldn't, because too many of my kids read my blog!! Somehow, I figure that reading about my exploits would have slightly lessened the surprise on Christmas morning.

So let's just say that it was impossible to find unless you were:
a) lucky enough to be at a store within ten minutes of opening on the morning that they received a few of them;
b) were willing to camp out overnight at a store which knew that it was getting a few in advance;
... neither of which conditions I qualified for.

So, we bought it on Ebay. Yes, we paid a slight premium. And it *still* was hard to get. Luckily my wife is a sniper par excellence. I'm sure the other people who were leading the auction with 2 seconds to go weren't too pleased. Oh well, law of the cyber jungle and all.

Let's jump ahead now, to Christmas morning. The children were slightly pleased to discover their gift. Dad was kind of pleased too. BECAUSE OH MY GOD IT IS EVER FUN TO PLAY!!! No really. It's REALLY REALLY fun to play. I had no idea.

And it's so cool. It's also accessible to a wide range of players. Observe my five-year-old son playing with my seventy-year-old dad. My dad who, to my forty-year-recollection, has NEVER played a video game of any kind. But there he is, bowling and playing tennis with the boy.








Luckily, nobody has driven one of the remotes through the TV, or smashed an overhead light, or clubbed a family member into unconsciousness accidentally.

But if it *does* happen, I'll take a picture and sent it to www.wiihaveaproblem.com

... let's just hope it doesn't. Might take the edge of the excitement just a tiny bit.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can Wii come over????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home