Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Smashing my Windows

OK, that was cool.

After a few months of encouragement, I took the leap and installed Ubuntu on one of our computers. Bye bye Windows XP.

Ubuntu is, if I understand correctly, a flavour of Linux that has a nice graphical interface for normal computer users. Basically another operating system that's an alternative to Windows, which runs on any pc that Windows would run on. And it's totally free.

It's pretty neat. And it's totally free. In fact, I'm using it right now. It seems much perkier than Windows was on this laptop. And I still get to run Firefox! Yay. Oh, and did I mention it's totally free? And so is all the software that runs on it?

If you want to read a bit about it, go to www.ubuntu.com.

And did I mention it's totally free? Maybe I did. ;)

1 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey

I know what you mean, I installed ubuntu 6.06 on my laptop and I'm so impressed with it.

In fact I'm never going back to Windows, Ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home