Saturday, December 16, 2006

There's No Need to Fear! UNDERDOG is... um... well.... here? Sort of?

Change can be good. Except when it's not.

Change for the sake of change is the kind that concerns me.

Remember New Coke? You see my point.

Here's the one I'm trying to reserve judgment on.

Underdog.

First, we have Underdog the old cartoon. Which I had fond memories of, *especially* the awesome theme song, so I exposed my children to it as soon as I could get my hands on an Underdog dvd:



Next, we have, Underdog... as he appears in the upcoming Underdog movie.



Um. He's a... dog.

Doesn't seem right, does it?

Kind of like going down to the pond, taking a real duck, putting a sailor suit on it, and calling it Donald Duck. See my point?

Now, maybe the movie will be charming and funny, and the kids of the world will love it. Maybe it will win me over too.

Maybe.

Or maybe it will be stupid and suck.

Or even worse, maybe it will fall right in the middle and be totally mediocre.

We'll see.

At *very* least, the movie poster looks slightly cool. I had seen the poster ten separate times before I finally got the pun.



"One nation... under dog."

Under dog. Underdog. Get it? No, really, I *totally* didn't get that at first.

Somehow. Maybe I need a nap.

2 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am unimpressed.

and i cant remember the underdog song that i Know i know.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Robin said...

There's no need to fear, Underdog is here!

When criminals in this world appear,
And break the laws that they should fear,
And frighten all who see or hear,
The cry goes up both far and near for
Underdog,
Underdog,
Underdog,
Underdog!

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder,
Fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog, Underdog!

When in this world the headlines read
Of those who's hearts are filled with greed
And rob and steal from those in need.
To right this wrong with blinding speed goes
Underdog,
Underdog,
Underdog,
Underdog!

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder,
Fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog, Underdog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home