Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Amazing Growing Jack Bauer

After the bouncy castle incident, my feelings on photo manipulation are pretty clear.

Now, it's even happened for something I feel much more strongly about: 24!

Remember a while back, I posted a Season 6 24 Cast photo? I discovered it at Wikipedia, and it's been my home pc desktop image since then.

I returned to Wikipedia's 24 entry today, and discovered that the cast photo had... changed.

Now, I had already realized that the original image had been photoshopped. Clearly the cast didn't all pose together for a photo. Now, however, our hero Jack Bauer is clearly... um, taller. Or at least, much more prominent. Take a look at the two images:



The people are all in the exact same poses (except Chloe's husband the bald guy) but their positions are all changed. And Jack Bauer is now clearly very much the dominant center.

Now, as much as I love the show, it's pretty obvious that, though they go out of their way to de-emphasize it, Kiefer Sutherland (and therefore Jack Bauer) is not a really tall man.

But hey! In *this* picture, he's practically a *monster*!

Oh well. In 24-world, size doesn't matter.

Only saving the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home