Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Super Sesame Street

File this one under "things I never expected to see again".

I remember, watching Sesame Street as a lad, being truly pleased when they would play the infrequent clip of Superman teaching us about the letter S. (Remember, this was back before every possible television whim could be indulged by a click of a button or a trip to Wal-mart).

So, the other night, and I can't explain how it came to me, I thought, "Gee, I wonder if that Superman clip from Sesame Street is on YouTube?"

Guess what? It was. Along with lots of other trips down memory lane, such as all my favourite Ernie and Bert clips, and even a clip of Spider-man's first appearance on "The Electric Company" (which we didn't get in Nova Scotia in the stone age -- ie. pre-cable television days -- though I had read the comic book adaptation of that clip in issue number one of "Spidey Super Stories").

So, please join me in my nostalgia rush:



(Just try not to dwell too long on the image of me sitting up in bed late at night, laptop on my lap, watching Ernie and Bert over and over. Particularly with my wife lying next to me, thinking, "What was that crisis intervention number anyway??")

6 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

I'd forgotten all about that segment, I remember it well now though.

My night's been full of 80's music nostalgia. I've been watching video clips of Del Amitri, the Proclaimers and Tears for Fears :)

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Robin said...

I love the Proclaimers. I still pull out their album and play it once in a while.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fav vintage Sesame Street episode was always when James Taylor sang "You've got a Friend". When I got older and heard it again, I always thought of it as "that Sesame song". I wonder if that's on YouTube too?

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Shig said...

I've been watching a lot of Sesame Street lately with the Pooter and it's really not as good as the old stuff. My oldest watched during the "Golden Age" of SS. Remember, in the early 90's when EVERYONE was on the show? Well, I remember. Anyway, Robin, that Mii of you is freaky.

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favourite Sesame Street song is Mannah Mannah.....

Love the blog, Robin.

Shauna

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Thanks Shauna. And thanks again for forcing that tune into my brain for the last six hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home