Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Summer of Harry

OK, there are lots of good movies coming out this summer, and one of them is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on July 13th. I've been reading bits and pieces of the book to my five-year-old recently, and it has me pretty charged up to see it on the big screen.

However, I'd happily skip every movie this summer, if that's what it took to get the final Harry Potter book in my hands on July 21st. Which has just been announced as the release date for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."

I'm pretty sure that there will be lots of quiet time in our family over the couple of days after the book arrives in the house. Actually, we required three copies of the last one, since there are four readers (and three listeners) all vying for a copy.

And if we only get ONE copy, for some reason, let there be no misunderstanding about WHO will be the first to read it.

They don't call me the head of the household for nothing. ;)

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, we have not yet read a HP book in our house. But now that the last is on the way, I intend to buy a boxed set so we can start reading and watching in earnest.
We're in the middle of Star Wars right now, so it's all about the Force at out house.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Jenny Cracker said...

I might have a summer job this year. I don't think I'll be able to go to the midnight activities. Makes me not want to take the job. I'm really considering it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home