Sunday, January 14, 2007

Go, Gadget, Go!!

OK, in case I've never mentioned it, I like gadgets.

Sadly, people who like gadgets should be people who can actually afford to buy them. Which, generally, I'm not. That being said, I still manage to do okay.

Take my new Christmas gift from my wife, for instance. It's a new Palm. The name of it is the T/X for anyone who cares, though I don't think it's truly important for the purposes of this story.

Now, it's all loaded with Bluetooth and Wi-fi, so I can hook into my home internet connection.

Like I'm doing now.

The even *neater* thing is that it came with a nifty wireless keyboard. It's a cool little unit that unfolds into a pretty much fullsize keyboard. I just lay my Palm into it, and start typing. It communicates by infrared.

When I first saw that my Palm came with a keyboard, I was kind of, "Gee, that's nice, maybe I'll use it once in a while."

However, now that I'm using it, (and did I mention that I'm actually using it right now?), I'm all, "Holy crap this is cool! I'll be using this thing ALL the time!!"

It's like having a micro-laptop or something. It can come with me anywhere. Even into the washroom!

(And did I mention where I'm typing this post? Let's just say I feel like a king.)

4 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently 'Holy Crap!' is a good responder, and if you ever post from the toilet again I'm confiscating that thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WASH YOUR HANDS - AND YOUR KEYBOARD!!!!!!

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you mean to say "Holy Crap" because it was a horrible pun reference to you using your gadget from the toilet, or was that just habit.

do i even want to know.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

My son calls my Palm (Tungsten E2) my 'game' since that's all he ever sees me doing with it.

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from Ontario - Do you remember me? It's Andy - I use to watch yor munchkins. I have been reading this blog since I have left NS and I must say it has been really nice to see that you are all doing so well. The kids are getting so big!
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am actually working for a Merchandising/Markting Company and Palm just happens to be one of the accounts I work on. I am using the Treo 650 now. So if you need anything, please drop me a line. andreanna@wingsink.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home