Friday, January 19, 2007

All You Need is "LOVE". Um, and a CD Player...


A couple of weeks ago, my friend Ken encouraged me to listen to that 'new' Beatles album called "Love".

It's the album which features Beatles music which had been re-mixed for the Cirque Du Soleil.

I listened to it a few times in fits and starts over the past few weeks, but did it again this morning.

If you appreciate the Beatles, it's really worth listening to. It's kind of bizarre when familiar riffs or sounds from one song pop up in another song. As well, some songs actually get totally merged. Which is really quite cool.

My favourite song on this album is for a reason you may not have expected. You might or might not know (I didn't for years) that "Strawberry Fields Forever" as it was originally released, sounded unusual because they had slowed down John Lennon's vocals somewhat, adding an ethereal quality. When I listened to the version on the "Love" album, I immediately noticed that his singing was no longer altered. It sounds just the way it would have when he recorded it. And it's really neat to hear.

If you're a Beatles fan, check it out for yourself. It's worth it just to hear their music in proper 5.1 stereo.

What are you waiting for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home