Saturday, April 07, 2007

Put Your Best Face (Book) On It

Wow.

I was driving in the car the other day and heard a radio report about people who were spending too much their workday on the internet surfing...

Facebook.

I didn't even know *what* Facebook was before a few weeks back, yet it's already become a phenomenon that is causing workplace problems!!

Now, I'll grant you that it's pretty cool. It started as a tool within universities to allow students and staff to identify and learn a bit about each other. Several months ago it was opened to the public. You can set up your own page with info about yourself, and link to other friends' pages. It sounds pretty "ho-hum, whatever" at first, but it's actually a pretty neat way to connect with friends new and old.

Here's what my page looks like (sanitized to remove all my personally identifiable info to deter my many internet stalkers...)



As you may or may not be able to see in the picture, you can add photos (and 'tag' other people in them) and communicate with your friends in a variety of ways. My blog posts even get imported automatically into it. (Um... which occurs to me that this post will be kind of redundant for people who read it over there. Oh well.)

So give it a try if you haven't already.

Just be sure to put your best face on it.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention it... I discovered what facebook was this past week from co-workers who were ,of course, using it - at work..a lot.

 
At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and WHO got you into facebook?

credit where credit is due. the teenager was the first on the facebook scene, thank you. :P

... "DAMN, jack..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home