Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Favourite Swear Word


I don't like to use bad words. I think they are totally inappropriate and a sign of a...

Ah, who am I kidding. I swear like a longshoreman. I still have the ability to totally mortify my mother.

Now, I'm not completely condoning the use of swear words. For instance, I discourage my children from using them. I just find that they add a nice level of emphasis to my speech when I'm trying to express a certain point of view.

Let's talk about my favourite swear word:

Clusterf*ck.


It's really something, isn't it? It's the kind of word that doesn't require a lot of explanation.

Let's say, you were in a situation, maybe an event of some kind, that was terribly disorganized. You found it frustrating and disheartening to the extreme. How do you most efficiently put that impression forth to an interested third party?

Should the person ask you, "How was the so-and-so?", you simply respond:

"It was a total clusterf*ck."

Case closed. No further clarification necessary.

One thing to bear in mind, however, and this is directed to those of you who are just learning to swear, you need to be careful not to overuse swear words. Sometimes even I realize I need to pull back a bit, usually after saying something like, "Please pass the f*cking potatoes". No more so does this rule hold true than with 'clusterf*ck'.

So, hold 'clusterf*ck' like a precious gem in your verbal repertoire. Save it for that perfect moment...

And then let it rip.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can honestly say I've not used that one before...but then again, I'm not a techno geek. Just a geek.

S.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

My partner works in I.T. - he's very familiar with that term :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home