Sunday, August 21, 2005

Several Unconnected Comments (too baked for linear thought)

1. Seeing my nephrologist tomorrow. Does the word 'nephrologist' make anybody else think 'necrophiliac'?? Maybe that could be an underground comic book or something. "Nelvin the Necrophiliac Nephrologist."

2. My 13-year-old is a MACHINE. After a day of baseball on Saturday, followed by an evening of swimming and "touch" (ie. tackle) football, then a full day of amusement park flume rides, pedal racecars, crazy rides that flip you up and down and upside-down (used to be called the Zipper when I was a kid... now called something stupid like Rock-o-Planes), and, of course, ROLLER COASTERS, he encourages me to take a couple of end-of-day runs on the roller coaster with him before we brave the two-hour drive home. Well, after SEVEN runs, by which time the fries I ate have migrated from my stomach to somewhere up in my sternum, I take a break. He takes two MORE rides, then takes ME for two more rides... and I finally call things to a halt. But I'm certain he would have hung on for at least twenty.

3. Which came first: the song "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon, or the movie "American Werewolf in London"?? Oh well, I love them both anyway.

p.s. If my nephrologist wants me to take blood pressure medication to support some *theory* of his that it might protect my remaining kidney... as he suggested six months ago... well, I'm not doing it. Doctors. Hmmph.

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baked Robin? you can't be baked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home