Saturday, December 17, 2005

Where's My Mother When I Really Need Her??

There are things in the world I like.

I like photomosaics. You know, the millions of little pictures arranged in such a way that they make a really cool big picture. I have a book full of them. I find them fascinating.

I also like the Simpsons. Not Jessica and her equally flaky sister, I mean Homer and Marge and Bart and Lisa and Maggie. I don't want to know how much of my life has been spent watching those shows.

I also like jigsaw puzzles. On occasion. For some nice quiet family time.

HOWEVER...

I'm not sure if I like a PHOTOMOSAIC SIMPSONS JIGSAW PUZZLE.

Because it's making my head hurt.

My 13-year-old got it for Christmas last year, and we've been meaning to get to it for a while. So we started today. Around 3 pm. It's now 1030pm. On what I think I will need to call "Day 1 of the Simpsons Puzzle Marathon."

You know who we really need?

My mother. The jigsaw puzzle solving machine. I buy her the freakiest puzzles, ones with no straight edges, extra pieces, 3-dimensional, and she puts all of them together.

But she's five hours away.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. My parents are coming up for Christmas.

And I have a strong feeling that the puzzle will still be 'in process' on our kitchen table at that time.

Stay tuned. Day 2 approaches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home