Saturday, December 10, 2005

I Used to Have Election Fever, But I Took Some Motrin and I'm Feeling Better Now

So we're having another election.

How can I *possibly* contain my excitement?

(I hope the heavy sarcasm is readable in this comment. For those who are sarcastically challenged... what are you doing reading this blog anyway??)

I am so uninterested in the bluster and the bullsh*t from all these people. It's the same story year after year, no matter who wins or loses.

I will go out and vote, don't get me wrong. Otherwise I wouldn't feel entitled to complain. But that's as far as it goes.

However, I do have one interesting thing to mention as far as politics is concerned.

I got Pierre Trudeau's autograph back when I was in junior high. And I was even photographed doing it, though I didn't know that at the time.

It was just before he lost the election in the late 1970's. After six months he won it back again though. Then retired, if I recall correctly. Or something like that.

Let me say for the record though, I was never the poster boy for Liberal Youth or anything like that. The truth is, Pierre Trudeau was more like a rock star than a politician. On top of that, he was a brilliant man who also wasn't above flipping an average citizen the bird if he felt it was deserved. So when my dad offered me the chance to go see him speak, I jumped at it. And the rest is history.

p.s. Will somebody let me know if Paul Martin comes to town? Maybe I can bring my kids to see him. After all, he's.... mmf... pffttt....sptt..... BWAA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home