Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Women Trouble

I'm having women trouble. First off, I live with three of them. A full grown adult, a sixteen year old, and an eight year old. All of them are wonderful human beings and I love them dearly. It's just that occasionally I'd like to lock them all in a room together and hold the only key.

My wife is starting to give me flack about my proposed tattoo. I think she suddenly realizes that I'm actually going to *do* it. And then she'll have to live with this tattoo for the rest of her life. (I wish you could see the big grin on my face as I write this...)

My sixteen year old wasn't too happy with me the other day. In my ongoing attempts to keep us ahead of the curve technologically, I participated in a beta trial for a new version of MSN Messenger, which we all use around here for instant messaging. So I upgraded our messenger to "Windows Live Messenger 8." It worked fine, so I thought. HOWEVER, I didn't realize that ONLY the people who were approved for the beta could use it. So, when my daughter signed in to her own messenger account, it wouldn't let her use it. And the old version was gone. Let's just say she wasn't too pleased. Separate a teenage girl from her Messenger is like... um... separating a bull gorilla from its baby. (Ok, yes, I could *uninstall* the new version... but that's like going backwards! Just trust me.) So I got her going on a web-based version of Messenger for the time being.

You know how if you distill something, it gets even more pure than the original form? Well, that's my only explanation for my eight year old daughter. You see, none of the women in the house could ever be called a 'morning person.' However, THIS child, in the morning, can only be called THE EVIL SPAWN OF A THOUSAND DEMONS. For this child, running out of apple juice is reason enough to call the cops and having Dad thrown in jail for the rest of his life. (Well, she hasn't done that yet. But just wait.) And since misery loves company, she torments her brothers mercilessly, just so they can share her wonderful morning disposition. I'm sure she will grow out of this. I just hope it happens SOON.

So there you go. Don't get me wrong, the men in the house have their quirks too. It's just a little easier to take, since they are all... well, how can I say it... just modified versions of *me*.

Which is pretty easy to take.

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lmfao.

friggin rights, faj.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

What a humble assessment. :)

Hh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home