Wednesday, January 18, 2006

De-"magnet"-ized

I've been told again. This getting to be a habit.

The 4-year-old and I were walking through the grocery store parking lot. Car drives by with a woman in it. She smiles.

I said, "Did you see that lady smile at us? She must think we're cute."

"Yes," he says.

Pause.

Then, "I'm cute. Not you."

"Not me?"

"No."

"What do you mean, 'not me'?? Why can't *I* be cute???" (Clearly he doesn't appreciate where his 'babe magnet' genes come from)

"Daaaad. You're a grown-up." Which comes out 'gwown-up', and somehow adds to the effect.

So there you have it. From the mouths of babes. I guess my best days are behind me. WAY behind me, depending on who you talk to. Maybe I should find some senior citizens to start hanging around with. In *that* group I bet I could be the hot young thing.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, time marches on. i just wanted to say how much i am enjoying your blog! you have a delightful style. i linked to it from your wife's, and to hers from GrandRounds through GruntDoc. and i'm sure with continued use, the amazing hand-pressing flash light will be all it claims to be. i need to get me one of those...

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry honey, you're clearly over the hill. Good thing you hooked me when you were young and cute... :)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Kids are such...smart-alecs sometimes!

Hh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home