Friday, April 21, 2006

My Magical Musical History Tour is Dying to Take You Away...

Welcome to my Magical Musical History Tour.

Well, not exactly. But here are the albums that stick out in my mind because I enjoyed them so much. I chose these albums in particular, because in each case I loved the *entire* album, rather than just a few songs.



Yes, the Monkees. What can I say... I was two years old. But this album is *burned* into my brain, and I haven't even heard it for years. "Here we come.... Walkin' down the street..."



Received this album from a friend of my mother's who went into a record store and asked what would be a good album for a boy my age. Which was about 11. Man, what a good choice that was.



This album makes me wish I was a big fat rock singer with long hair. "Well I remember every little thing, As if it happened only yesterday..."



I could include just about every Beatles album, but I limited it to these two.





Didn't think I liked Tom Petty, but the Travelling Wilburys opened the door for me to buy this album. Was amazed with how good it was and how much I liked it.



This is the only album that could be considered anything like recent. I can thank my teenage daughter for encouraging me to listen to it. Knocked my socks off. (It has a parental advisory... lucky my parents didn't hear me listening to it!!)

That's all, folks. Please feel free to share your favourites with me. Interesting way to get insight into people!

4 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i own that monkees, on vinyl, which might seem odd considering i'm 23...i have quite a varied vinyl collection.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Greenday sucks so much it is not even funny

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Shig said...

Boston-their first album which is I think entitled "Boston". There is no bad song. And U2 "Under a Blood Red Sky" which was the first album I ever bought. That sounds so cool, except that the 2nd album I bought was Hall & Oates. Oh well.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Julia said...

great list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home