Sunday, April 16, 2006

One NEW Thing I Don't Like About Teenage Boys "Visiting"

All right. As the father of a sixteen year old girl, it goes without saying that there are a number of things I don't like about teenage boys visiting:

1) They are teenage boys.

2) Umm...

Well, ok, there was only that one thing. But that's always been enough for me.

Until now.

I've discovered one more thing I don't like about teenage boys visiting.

Finding weird pictures of them on my camera.

For instance: A couple of weeks back, I was in the back yard after supper playing with my youngest son. Teenage daughter comes out on the back deck and says,

"So-and-so is here with his guitar. Can he come in and jam?"

She must have caught me at a weak moment, because I said "Yes".

The next thing I know, two MORE boys arrive at the door. (Which is pretty strange, because before tonight, most teenage boys knew very well not to just ARRIVE at the front door) In fact, one of them was a kid I actually liked (except for him being a teenage boy... duh!). In fact, I liked him even more now that he's not "going" with my daughter any more. Which is what had happened shortly after his last visit some months ago.

So there they are. My daughter and three teenage boys. Guitars flying, and noises which occasionally resembled music filling the air for a couple of hours.

Then they went home. Leaving me to try and purge the event from my memory.

Until TODAY. When I was cleaning pictures off our camera onto the computer. Look what I found:



Charming, isn't it? I'm thinking of having it framed.

Or maybe I'll just keep it in case I need to either:
a) give it to the police
b) use it for blackmail.

I must keep telling myself, though... teenage boys eventually grow into useful humans.

So I must let them live.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aha. hahahaha.

i probably dont have to say that i *love* the teenage boys, do i?

it's pretty much a given.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home