Thursday, April 20, 2006

Synchronicity... and April 20th

You know how some days have special meaning? For anniversaries, birthdays, stuff like that?

Well, today is one of those days.

THREE times.

I mean to say, memorable things have occurred in my life three times on this date.

And if you squint your eyes a certain way, they're all related!

Let's take a little journey through time:

April 20th, 1982: I get my driver's license. Hey, that makes this the 25th anniversary of that big event! Oh, wait, it's only the twenty-fourth. Stupid math. Oh, well, the party will have to wait until next year.

April 20th, 1984: My first date with the sweet woman who will someday become my wife and bear me five children. We went to the movies and saw "Splash." Hey, maybe this has something to do with my interest in mermaids.



April 20th, 1992: With apologies to both my wife and my driver's license, this might have the edge to be considered the most significant of the events. My second child, my first son, was born this day. Today's the 14th anniversary of that big event. Happy birthday, buddy!



So, like I said...

If you squint your eyes the right way...

If I DIDN'T get my driver's license on April 20th, 1982...

Maybe I wouldn't have been able to give drives home to that cute girl who babysat for my piano teacher, which ultimately led to our first date...

And then if we didn't have that first date on April 20, 1984...

Then it's very possible that we wouldn't have had that child on April 20th, 1992!

Whew! Good thing I got that driver's license!

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. i thought the connection had to do with the back seat.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know what else is on April 20th?

Thats right, todays 420! Oh the horror, the horror of drugs, Oh and it's also Hitlers birthday today.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Sorry, Tara, I'm done with that stuff! And mine was clear. (shudder)

Regarding the back seat... I've been advised by counsel not to comment on that or any related matters herewith. ;)

And 420 and Hitler's Birthday... my own daughter just told me about that after supper. Apparently there were lots of stoned students at high school today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home