Friday, June 30, 2006

Oh, Gee, Aren't They Cute.... STOMP STOMP STOMP!!!!

Look at these little ants. Aren't they cute? And they work so hard together, to support their colony. And they have such funny personalities.



However...

IF THEY DON'T GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN REALLY G****MN SOON I'M GOING TO GO TOTALLY FRIGGIN PSYCHO!!!!!

Whew. Sorry.

Usually I have a 'live and let live' attitude toward bugs. I don't kill spiders in the house (although my wife and teenage daughter wouldn't be so magnanimous)... I just transport them outside. If I can open a door and encourage a fly to leave under his own steam, I do that too.

But the ants have transversed my "kinder, gentler" threshold.

They have discovered my kitchen counter. In full force, shall we say. I have a little more trouble with that.

The "ant flick" is getting a little old. Especially while I'm actually *preparing* food. One ant accidentally got flicked into my container of rice. Luckily, I got him before he tunneled to the bottom. But it did gross me out a little bit.

I've been leaving out a few "ant treats", but pretty soon I think I'll be moving up to slightly stronger methods:

Sledge Hammer.

Flame Thrower.

Tear Gas Launcher.

Unlicensed Nuclear Accelerator.

Collateral damage is no longer a concern. As long as the ants are gone.

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

These are the only bug that I must agree really...um...bug...me.

Yes, they're strong. They're amazing.

Just not in my MY HOUSE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home