Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dip Dip Dip DIp Dip Dip Dip Dip, Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom, Get a Job

For those of you under 40 who don't get the musical reference in this title: Study up on your 1950's doo-wop music history. Or don't. Just go back to listening to "My Humps" or whatever.

Anyway, I got a job. In fact, for a few weeks I've been doing enjoyable part-time work for a small company that a friend of mine started up, and yesterday I was offered a full-time job by a huge tech company. (Let's just say that my love of gadgets won't hurt in this case).

So I'm back to life in the fast lane. Although, my five-year-old just reiterated that he doesn't want me to get a job. He likes me taking him to school. Cute kid, but he hurts my heart a bit sometimes.

My new full time gig won't start until March though, and ultimately the shifts will vary, so that means hopefully I'll still have some time to participate in my children's lives. Which I didn't get to do too much in six months' worth of my previous job. We'll see.

Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Blogger Shig said...

Ha, that first line was so funny...go listen to "my humps" indeed. It"s so hard to leave the little ones & go to work.

BTW, that "burst" of creativity was like 7 months worth of stuff...glad you guys like it.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger caramaena said...

'grats on the new job :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home