Thursday, February 22, 2007

PWNED!!!

Pwned. Or pwnd. Pwn3d, even.

How many of you even know what it means? I suspect that some of you do. I also suspect that even more of you have no clue.

If you want, read Wikipedia's definition here. Which explains how a typo freakishly became its own word. It's actually kind of interesting reading. Sort of like, english in bizarro world.

Or else, here's a quick example. Picture me, going head to head against my 14-year-old son in a video game. ANY video game. He trounces me soundly. Then he says, "I totally pwned you!!" He pronounces it 'poned' but apparently some purists still pronounce it 'owned'.

Thus endeth today's quickie english lesson. Welcome to the new millennium.

Hm. You know, my wife and teenage daughter are still up. Maybe I can get one of them to play a game with me. I have a hankering to pwn someone.

With my luck I'd end up pwned myself.

Or pwnd. Pwn3d, even.

Whatever.

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never said "I totally pwned you!!" I always just say PWNED!!! The one word said loudly gets the message across of how your brains are splattered on the wall, and leaves more time for eating will you respawn. =^D

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Everyone just nod and smile.

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow..you really need to go back to work -- you're starting to ramble. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home