Monday, July 23, 2007

Key Bored

I just solved the mystery that popped up shortly after I solved the mystery.

And someone's going to pay.

The problem is pretty boring... our family computer's been malfunctioning on and off for a few months... sometimes, at the Windows login screen, none of us could type our passwords. It would require going into a profile with no password, and then going out again, or else restarting the computer.

I solved it a few weeks ago. Simple. Replaced the keyboard. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier.

Then... it started happening again. With the *next* keyboard.

To the extent that I couldn't type in CERTAIN keys. Which was similar, but different. Was it the same problem? Was it the computer after all? How could ANOTHER keyboard need to be replaced?

I lifted the keyboard, considering unplugging it.

Sploosh.

...

Sploosh?

Yes.

Sploosh.

That's the sound of liquid splashing on your pants.

The liquid that came pouring out of my keyboard. Not dripping. POURING.

I couldn't recognize the liquid. It's a biy sticky. The smell wasn't familiar. It was kind of a dirty colour.

The only thing that I *DO* know...

... is that someone very close to me is aware that this liquid entered the keyboard. In massive quantities, at that. And didn't choose to mention it to the family computer technician.

I feel an Andy Sipowicz style interrogation coming on.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger caramaena said...

So, has the culprit been identified yet?

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Quinten said...

Thank you for the post, really useful data.
girls in bathing suits | bubble skirt | letter writing template

 

Post a Comment

<< Home